The transition to sustainable transport naturally includes commercial fleets. An electric car, van or truck is an obvious addition to any organisation's fleet when the benefits are considered .
An Electric fleet makes sound commercial sense
Here are some of the benefits of adding an electric vehicle to your company's fleet:
- Fuel savings: 1 cent per km for electric car versus approximately 6c for diesel or 8c for petrol
- Significantly lower maintenance costs
- Accelerated capital allowance scheme permitting write-off of capital investment within one year (More information at www.SEAI.ie.)
- Government incentive of a €5,000 grant per vehicle and zero VRT
- Openly competitive roster of energy suppliers through ESB ecars payment system
- Reduction in company carbon footprint
- Significantly reduced noise pollution
Any company that runs commercial vehicles stands to gain on several levels by adopting an e-fleet strategy. From corporate responsibility to bottom-line savings, it simply makes sense. More choices and styles of electric vehicles are increasingly available.
Interested? Check out the range of electric fleet vehicles.
Want to know how much you could save on fuel costs? Check out our cost calculator