ESB’s Employee Health and Well Being Programme
ESB is committed to sustaining an engaged and agile workforce. The aim of ESB’s Employee Health and Well Being Programme is to support staff to take more responsibility for their own health and well being so that they can reach their full potential in the workplace and live healthy and balanced lives. This includes mental and physical health, financial, family and personal growth.
Our programme provides information, advice and strives to provide the tools to empower our employees in managing their health and well being.
Examples of ESB’s Health & Well Being Initiatives:
Nationwide seminars on stress management and financial health, offering practical advice to staff on how to manage personal finances and manage stress.
- Monthly health and well being bulletins on various topics, including mental health, budgeting, healthy eating, exercise, work life balance and time management.
- A health and well being portal where staff can get access to up-to-date information on all health and well-being matters.
- Health screening programmes; cardiovascular, bowel and flu immunisation.
- Support services available to staff to deal with challenges they may be encountering.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides a confidential support to staff in dealing with difficult personal issues.
ESB’s Health Support Services focuses on providing best practice support to our employees when they experience a personal problem or challenge. Our focus on health (including mental health) and well being is a key element in both our corporate strategy and corporate social responsibility strategy.