The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge
The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge is held over two days in Dublin and offers engineering and finance students the unique opportunity to apply their knowledge and skillset to develop innovative, creative and commercially focused solutions to real life energy-focused challenges.
Each year in November teams from colleges across Ireland come together where they are given a case study and work as a team to come up with engineering solutions to a real-world challenge. In previous years teams were asked to;
- Research, design and develop a customer proposition which enables widespread adoption of low-carbon technologies and services for all citizens of the future
- Propose a design and construction approach for an off shore eco-friendly research lab
- Bring life back to a “ghost estate” using leading edge technologies
Teams are allocated eight hours to research and design a solution to the task, and prepare a pitch to an expert panel of judges.
Teams are scored based on the following criteria:
- Commercial viability
- Technical understanding
- Solution research undertaken
- Team working
- Design and delivery of the presentation
ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge 2017
Advice for you from 2017 Challenge Participants
ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge 2016
Advice for you from 2015 Challenge Participants
To find out more and register your college's interest, please contact us at email@example.com.