The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge Event
The ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge event is spread over a day and a half and poses real life challenges to the teams. In previous years teams were asked to
- Propose a design and construction approach for an off shore eco friendly research lab.
- Bring life back to a “ghost estate” using leading edge technologies.
Teams have seven hours to research and design a solution to the challenge and prepare a pitch. Teams will pitch to an expert panel of engineering and finance managers for 15 minutes followed by 15 minutes of questions from the panel.
Teams are scored based on the following criteria:
- Commercial viability
- Technical understanding of the ESB Inter-Colleges Challenge
- Solution research undertaken
- Team working
- Design and delivery of the presentation
Advice for you from Past Challenge Participants