In order to accept a grant offer all contracts must be signed and returned via post to the relevant GMO within 15 working days of receipt.
By signing and returning, you are agreeing to a number of terms, and conditions which may be contained within the contract:
- Funding must be used exclusively for the purposes of implementing the project as stated in the application form. Funding for one project cannot be transferred to another project and/or activity.
- All Contracts contain a closing date after which time your grant offer will become void, generally this is six months from date of issue. If, for some reason, your project has become delayed and will not be completed by the closing date, please contact the relevant GMO immediately.
- Every applicant in receipt of funding must inform the GMO immediately of any change to their circumstances. Any change must be reviewed, acknowledged and agreed by the GMO where a specific change to the use of the grant is requested.
- In relation to works of a construction/renovation nature, an engineer’s report must be furnished to the GMO when applying for your grant drawdown certifying the value of the work undertaken and confirming the work conforms to relevant planning, building and fire regulations and other statutory building/other regulations
- Works completed and or goods purchased must be adequately insured and evidence of same must be available for inspection by funder.
- Where planning permission is required, the
payment of grant aid is subject to submission of
relevant documentation from the relevant County
- Where permission from a third-party is required
to undertake the works, this should either
be specified in a lease or evidence of same
provided in a separate document from the owner.
- It is important that the work of the Funds, ESB
and/or associated companies is acknowledged
in any published materials, which relate to the
grant-funded project. Therefore, if an application
is successful, organisations are required to:
- acknowledge the contribution of the
wind farm fund, ESB and/or associated
companies in any publicity they might
- allow and participate in any publicity that
the wind farm fund, ESB and/or associated
companies might organise.
In the event that ESB and/or any associated company considers an applicant in breach of the terms and conditions, we reserve the right to withdraw the awarded grant and all funding being returned.
Additionally, no future applications for funding will be accepted from organisations/individuals for a minimum of two years. After this period, only if the organisation can provide evidence that action has been taken to strengthen their capacity, which will include evidence of support sought from appropriate support/umbrella organisations.