Procurement at ESB
Through our diverse businesses across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain we aim to meet customer energy needs by bringing the best of our capabilities together to deliver innovative and value-driven solutions for a low-carbon world.
ESB aims to ensure that sustainability is embedded across every function, including procurement, as an essential step towards our goal of making a contribution to the company's sustainability vision and society as a whole.
We are committed to sustainably minimising waste in all our operations. We consider waste minimisation in the procurement of material, equipment and associated packaging. It is our intention to progressively move to electronic means of transacting business with our suppliers.
ESB procures a wide range of supplies, services and/or works to support the delivery of our business activities. Some of the more common supplies, services and/or works that ESB buys are listed (as below) according to their industry type. Please note these listings are subject to change.
Should you require further information or guidance related to any listed item, please contact the relevant procurement contact here.
What we Procure
- Cleaning Materials
- Chemicals and Gases
- Crane Hire
- Electrical and Mechanical Services
- Engineering Consultancy
- Generation Plant and Equipment
- Laboratory Supplies
- Lubricating Greases
- Mobile Plants
- Motor Rewinds
- NDT Testing
- Pipes and Valves
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pumps and Accessories
- Tools and Specialist Equipment
- Welding Consumables
- Wind Turbines and Relates Services
- Batteries and Chargers
- Civil and Electrical Contracting
- Climbing Equipment
- Electricity Meters and Time Switches
- Helicopter Patrol Services
- Insulated Hand Tools and Compression Tools and Dies
- Mini-Pillars and Control and Protection Cabinets
- Overhead Conductors and Accessories
- Protection Equipment (e.g. surge arresters, fuses, relays)
- Steelwork (e.g. towers, fasteners)
- Timber Cutting Contracting
- Underground Cable, Ducting and Accessories
- Vans, Trucks, Cranes, Fuel, Tyres etc.
- Wood and Steel Poles
- Wood Pole Accessories (e.g. insulator, crossarms, stayrods)
- Advertising and Public Relations Services
- Audit Services
- Banking and Financial Services
- Building Maintenance Materials and Services
- Cash-in Transit Services
- Catering Supplies and Services
- Cleaning Services and Products
- Contract Personnel
- Energy Consulting Services
- General Consulting Services
- IT Hardware and Software
- IT Consultants and Contractors
- Local and International Freight Services
- Office Consumables, Stationery and Paper
- Office Furniture and Equipment
- Mobile and Fixed Telephony Services
- Mobile and Fixed Data Transmission Services
- Post and Courier Services
- Printing Services
- Protective Clothing and Footwear
- Recruitment Agency Services
- Security Equipment and Services
- Telecommunications Equipment and Services
- Training Services
- Travel Services
- Waste Disposal and Recycling Services
- Water Coolers and Dispensers
- Electric Ireland sells a variety of connected and smart home consumer products (CH Products) which provide customers with higher levels of health and well-being, comfort, safety, peace of mind and control of their living environments. Electric Ireland regularly reviews the CH Products it offers to its customers based on prevailing customer demand, availability of new and superior products, the need to deliver timely, attractive commercial propositions for Electric Ireland and its customers and the need to meet stringent EU and ESB safety requirements.
- Electric Ireland will only engage with suppliers who comply with ESB Procurement Policies.
- Suppliers interested in being considered by Electric Ireland should complete the Supplier Questionnaire and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This process for selection of CH Products for re-sales will be valid until further notice.
- ESB requires a variety of Covid 19 PPE consumables, such as masks, gloves, sanitisers, etc. to support its Networks, Generation, Customer Solutions and Corporate operations to ensure staff can deliver to our customers in a safe and healthy environment.
- ESB sources a variety of Covid 19 PPE consumables as required and as available on the market to support ESB operations, focussing on quality and value for money.
- ESB will only engage with suppliers who comply with ESB procurement Policies, such as Modern Slavery requirements, see details on this website.
- Suppliers interested in being considered by ESB should contact ESB Procurement at Covid19ppe@esb.ie
- Suppliers will be selected based on need, availability, quality, compliance and value for money.